208 Graduate Education Building
College of Education and Health Professions
Fayetteville, AR 72701
Phone: (479) 575-6345
Fax: (479) 575-3196
- University of Arkansas
- Doctor of Philosophy, Education Policy, 2013
- University of Notre Dame
- M.Ed., 2008
- University of Notre Dame
- B.A., Political Science, honors track, cum laude, 2006
- 2010-Present: Graduate Assistant, Department of Education Reform, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville AR
- Research assistant for Dr. Jay Greene
- 2009-2010: Graduate Assistant, Office for Education Policy, Fayetteville, AR
- Research assistant for Dr. Patrick Wolf on the D.C. Opportunity Scholarship Program
- 2008-2009: High School Social Studies Teacher, Montgomery, AL
- Courses Taught: American Government, AP U.S. Government, and U.S. History
- Social Studies Department Chair
- Varsity Tennis Coach
- 2008: Practicum Field Supervisor, EDU 60625, University of Notre Dame
- Supervised and advised novice teachers in South Bend, IN
- 2006-2008:Middle School Social Studies Teacher, Montgomery, AL
- Courses taught: Civics, Geography, and World History
- Improvisational Comedy Club Director
- Assistant Varsity Coach
- Daniel H. Bowen and Michael Q. McShane, “From Catholic to Charter: Sector Switching Schools in Milwaukee and Washington,” paper presented at the Association for Education Finance Policy Conference, Seattle, WA, March 24-26, 2011.
- Daniel H. Bowen, Nathan Jensen, and Gary W. Ritter, “An Evaluation of the Effect of Charter Schools on ‘Creaming’ in Little Rock,” paper presented at the Association for Education Finance Policy Conference, Seattle, WA, March 24-26, 2011.
- Gary W. Ritter, Nathan Jensen, Brian Kisida, and Daniel H. Bowen, “Impact of Charter Schools on Racial Integration in Urban Public Schools,” (working paper).
- Daniel H. Bowen, “Inspecting the Role of Political Influences on Race to the Top’s Scores,” paper presented at the Southern Political Science Association, New Orleans, LA, January, 8, 2011.
- Stuart Buck, Jay P. Greene, Jon Mills, and Daniel H. Bowen, “The Milwaukee Parental Choice Program’s Effect on School Integration,” paper presented at the Association for Public Policy Analysis and Management Annual Conference, Boston, MA, November 5, 2010.
- Daniel H. Bowen, Did the Education Department Play Favorites in RTT?” The American: The Journal of the American Enterprise Institute (September 18, 2010).
- Daniel H. Bowen, Politics and the Scoring of Race to the Top Applications,” American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research (September 10, 2010).
- Catholic Schools
- Market-Based School Reforms
- Politics of Education
- School Choice