Date: April 21, 2017
Speakers: Pauline Dixon, Professor of International Development and Education, Newcastle University, and Steve Humble, Lecturer in Education, Newcastle University
Lecture Title: “School Choice in Sub-Saharan Africa: Dispelling Myths.”
- Pauline Dixon and Steve Humble (2017) How School Choice is Framed by Parental Preferences and Family Characteristics: A Study of Western Area, Sierra Leone
- Pauline Dixon, Steve Humble, and James Tooley (2017) How School Choice is Framed by Parental Preferences and Family Characteristics: A Study in Poor Areas of Lagos State, Nigeria
- Pauline Dixon, Steve Humble, and Chris Counihan (2015). Handbook of International Development and Education. Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Pauline Dixon (2013). International Aid and Private Schools for the Poor: Smiles, Miracles and Markets. Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Private Schooling to Overcome Poverty – Free Market Foundation, South Africa (Video)
- How Private Schools are Serving the Poorest – TEDxGlasgow (Video)