212 Graduate Education Building
College of Education and Health Professions
Fayetteville, AR 72701
Phone: (479) 575-4439
Fax: (479) 575-3196
Download CV (pdf)
- Ph. D, Education Policy, University of Arkansas
- J.D., cum laude, Harvard Law School, 2000
- Master of Music, with highest honors, University of Georgia, 1997
- Bachelor of Music, University of Georgia, 1995
- University of Arkansas, Research Associate and Graduate Research Assistant
- Kellogg, Huber, Hansen, Todd, Evans & Figel, Associate, December 2003-July 2008
- Hughes & Luce, Associate, 2002-2003
- The Hon. Stephen F. Williams, Law Clerk, 2001-2002
- The Hon. David A. Nelson, Law Clerk, 2000-2001
- University of Georgia, Athens, GA, Research and Teaching Assistant, 1995-1997
- Acting White. Yale University Press. (2010).
- Stuart Buck, Gary W. Ritter, Nathan C. Jensen, and Caleb P. Rose, “Teachers Say the Most Interesting Things — An Alternative View of Testing,” Phi Delta Kappan 91 no. 6 (2010): 50-54.
- Stuart Buck and Robert Maranto (forthcoming). “School Choice,” in Paul Quirk and William Cunion eds., Governing America: Major Policies and Decisions of Federal, State, and Local Government (Facts on File).
- Stuart Buck and Jay Greene. “The Case for Special Education Vouchers.” Education Next 10 no. 1 (2009), available at http://educationnext.org/the-case-for-special-education-vouchers/.
- Gary W. Ritter, Robert A. Maranto, and Stuart Buck. “Harnessing private incentives in public education.” Review of Public Personnel Administration, 29 no. 3 (2009).
- Stuart Buck and Gary Ritter, “Putting ‘Teaching to the Test’ to the Test: Is This Really a Problem in Arkansas?,” Arkansas Education Reports 6 no. 1 (2009), available at http://www.uark.edu/ua/oep/AER/6_1_Putting_Teaching_to_the_Test_to_the_Test.pdf.
- The Common Law and the Environment in the Courts, 58 Case Western L. Rev. 621 (2008).
- TELRIC vs. Universal Service: A Takings Violation?, 56 Fed. Comm. L.J. 1 (2003).
- Salerno vs. Chevron: What to Do About Statutory Challenges, 55 Admin. L. Rev. 427 (2003).
- Replacing Spectrum Auctions with a Spectrum Commons, 2 Stan. Tech. L. Rev. 2 (2002).
- Bootleggers, Baptists, and the Global Warming Battle, 26 Harv. Envt’l L. Rev. 177 (2002) (co-written with economist Bruce Yandle).
- Federal Courts, Overbreadth, and Vagueness: Guiding Principles for Constitutional Challenges to Uninterpreted State Statutes, 2002 Utah L. Rev. 381 (co-written with Mark Rienzi).
- Lecture, University of Arkansas Department of Education Reform, March 2008.
- Panelist, Spectrum Policy: Property or Commons?, Conference at Stanford Law School, Mar. 1-2, 2003.